Are your pets bitten at home? Ticks and fleas are often but not always harmless.
Ticks and fleas are small blood-sucking bugs with a size ranging from a pin to a pencil eraser. Ticks, when bite, can cause allergic reactions to humans and pets which could be deadly. Once a tick gets on a body they migrate to armpits, groin, or hair and bite as soon as they are in their most desirable spot in the body and start sucking the blood! Ticks can give you diseases like Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Colorado tick fever, Tularemia, paralysis, anemia, and Ehrlichiosis. Ticks can also kill human beings by transmitting deadly infections like Powassan virus!
Fleas are small, wingless insects. Fleas on cats develop severe allergies through flea saliva, called Flea Allergy Dermatitis and develop signs such as, itching that can last longer even after the fleas have gone. Flea bites are capable of transmitting the dog tapeworm to pets and human beings along with the other bacterial diseases. Fleas infestations can quickly go out of control as they lay eggs in large numbers of 40 to 50 per day for approximately 50 days! Huge numbers of new cocoons remain inside the nests for weeks and months and come out once they get the right combination of heat and carbon dioxide. Finally, hungry adult fleas are ready to feed on you and your pets!
Most of the time over the counter pest control doesn’t resolve fleas and tick infestation. Since the immature stages of ticks and fleas are confusing in nature, it calls for a professional investigation. Professionals being equipped with the right knowledge, strategy, and latest tools, quickly control the situation no matter how bad it is, in a few days!
IKARI technicians are skilled and experienced in conducting a thorough inspection and locating the areas where immature fleas or ticks are populating.
- Our technicians first, identify the fleas and ticks species posing a health threat to you and your pets.
- Second, they identify their sources of food that may contain rodents, pets, etc.
- Third, they advise homeowners to contact the vets to buy flea/tick control products suitable for their pets.
- Fourth, technicians do a strong vacuum to remove flea eggs, larvae, pupae, and adults.
- Fifth, treating affected areas by using eco- friendly as well as effective fleas/tick control products.
Our professionals use the latest residual treatment combined with an insect growth regulator in homes with an active tick/flea infestation. IKARI focuses treatment on the areas where pets like cats and dogs with fleas rest or sleep as these are the areas where most likely these pests lie!
- Hiding Spots
- Food Sources
- Prevention Tips
- Vacuum your house thoroughly
- Check pet beddings and wash them from time to time
- Buy a flea repeller
- Speak to a vet about the fleas/ticks control services of your pet
Clothing, Animal fur/hairs
- February 13, 2020
- August 2, 2019
- August 29, 2017
- August 19, 2017
- August 12, 2017
- August 5, 2017
- July 30, 2017
- July 21, 2017
- July 13, 2017