Pioneering in IPM & Eco-Friendly Pest Control
As a leading pest control service provider, Ikari places special emphasis on health and safety and protection of our environment in all its activities.
IKARI adopts a multi-prong approach known as Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to solve your pest problems. It emphasizes on source reduction and elimination to prevent pest breeding (such as bed bug and termite infestation). It combines the following measures:
- Environmental control
- Mechanical control
- Biological control
- Chemical control
- Advice & consultation
Chemical control is used, (ex. in bed bug, rodent, and termite control) only to quickly reduce or eliminate pest infestation. This is followed up with non-chemical control measures, which involves installing monitoring devices to monitor the pest situation in your premises, which is part of our pest control services.
IKARI Pest Control programme in food establishments is compliant with the requirements of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) and Good Management Practice (GMP).
Conventional vs IPM
Here are our chart comparisons of traditional pest spraying only vs integrated pest management.
- No monitoring of pest population
- Routine treatment activity irrespective of the pest population
- Place no importance of site sanitation
- The involvement of all stakeholders is limited
- Pesticide is unnecessarily used
- Cheap solution short-term, but infeffective in the long-term
Integrated Pest Management
- Monitoring of pest population
- Treatment is done only when it is absolutely necessary
- Sanitation is one of the most crucial factors
- The involvement of all stakeholders is essential
- Pesticide only used when required
- Seems expensive in the short-term, but cost-saving long term
Here are the pest at home